We loved the romantic gondolas navigating the Grand Canal and the baroque architecture of Venice, Italy. But because our trip coincided with Carnevale di Venezia, the costumes were definitely the main attraction.
Even though the February weather was cool and damp, it was a small sacrifice to experience the surreal world of Venice Italy during Carnevale.
Begin your Italian adventure with these essential Italy tips and guide, perfect for experiencing Carnevale and beyond.
Visiting Venice Italy During Carnevale
In this article, you are invited to…
- Take a Romantic Cruise on the Grand Canal in a Gondola
- Admire Beautiful Baroque Architecture in Venice
- Experience Saint Mark’s Square
- Find Delicious Italian Food to Eat in Venice
- Be Wowed by Costumes in Venice Italy During Carnevale
- Where to Stay in Venice, Italy (Interactive Map)
- Decide Which is Your Favorite Carnevale Costume
Take a Romantic Cruise on the Grand Canal in a Gondola
Venice is a car-free city, but you can rent a car in Venice so you can explore the wider area. One of the best ways to get around inside of Venice is by taking a water taxi or a romantic gondola.
Here’s what that can be like.
Admire Beautiful Baroque Architecture in Venice
Experience Saint Mark’s Square
Find Delicious Italian Food to Eat in Venice
Be Wowed by Costumes in Venice Italy During Carnevale!
Where to Stay in Venice, Italy (Interactive Map)
If you’ll be exploring Venice and want to stay overnight, book convenient accommodations nearby. It’s a good idea to compare popular hotel booking platforms like booking.com, expedia.com, and hotels.com to get the best deals.
Or, you can use this full-featured interactive map to hone in on your preferences.
Tip: You can adjust the dates, budget, and filters, as well as zoom in/zoom out to narrow down your options. Adjust the filters to explore tours, restaurants, and other attractions here, too!
Decide Which is Your Favorite Costume
I’d love to know which costume is your favorite. Let me know in the comments, below.
If you enjoyed this photo gallery of Venice, Italy, we invite you to follow Enjoy Travel Life on Instagram to see more photos from around the world.
About the Author: Jackie Gately
I'm Jackie Gately, your travel confidante and the creative force behind Enjoy Travel Life, awarded the "Best Casual-Luxury Lifestyle Blog (USA)" in Travel and Tourism by LUXlife Magazine for four consecutive years With 25 years of published expertise, I'm a seasoned writer, editor, and photographer curating inspiring travel guides and lifestyle tips for empty nesters. I hope to kindle your spirit of exploration, encouraging you to overcome obstacles and turn your dreams into reality. Learn to minimize your pre-travel angst and maximize the joy of exploration with insights from my experiences. Let's make every adventure a celebration of this exciting phase of life! Follow my social channels for more inspiration.
Next Steps: Read More Articles About Italy
To learn more about planning your Italian getaway, read these articles about Italy next:
- Luxury Houses in Puglia: Quick Guide to Renting Hidden Gems
- Italy Summer Vacation: 5 Amazing Places Aligned with “The Stars”
- Spending Less Than A Day in Siena Italy: The Absolute “Must See” Attractions
- Monteriggioni Italy: Step Back in Time at This Medieval Fortress Near Siena
- The Best Place to See the Sunset Over Florence [Fiesole Italy]
- Where to Find Tuscan Comfort Food in Fiesole: Il Fiesolano Ristorante
- Why You’ll Never Forget the 14 Soaring San Gimignano Towers of Tuscany
- A Pilgrimage to Bramasole in Cortona Italy
- Florence Festival Guide: Best Festivals in Florence By Month
- Venice or Naples, Italy: Good Reasons to Add Both To Your Italy Itinerary
- 24 Hours in Venice Italy During “Carnevale”
- Rome for Foodies: What Are the 25 Best Food Experiences in Rome, Italy?
- What to Buy in Milan, Italy with 5 Best Places for Milan Shopping
- 5 Stunning Must-Haves for Fashionable Florence, Italy
- Dolomites Itinerary: Best Things to See & Do in The Italian Alps
- Positively Positano: 48 Hours on the Amalfi Coast
- Breakfast in Positano, Italy: An Assortment of Goodness