If you’re wondering what to buy in Milan, you’re about to find out.
As you may already know, Milan is like a shopping fiesta for a fashion conscious person planning to visit Europe.
It is a fabulous place to visit, especially if you are a bit addicted to shopping. (Shhh…we won’t tell.)
Milan’s business and shopping-friendly environment makes it a hub for departmental stores, shopping mall, business arenas, and business centers.
So, go ahead and read the complete article below and you’ll know what to buy in Milan, with pointers on to where to start!
CONTENTS – In this article, you will learn what to buy in Milan, along with tips and tricks you need to know when shopping there:
- Why Shopping in Milan is a Unique Experience
- What to Buy in Milan?
- The Famous and Unique “Quadrilatero Della Moda.”
- The Art of Traditional Craftsmanship
- The Stunning Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Shopping for All Budgets
- Exclusive Department Stores
- Final Thoughts on Shopping in Milan
- Next Steps
Why Shopping in Milan is a Unique Experience
Milan is a shopper’s paradise as it offers all kinds of experiences, from high-end luxury shopping and boutiques to one-of-a-kind vintage find.
It is the home of the biggest names in the fashion industry.
This prominent industrial city with good manufacturing connections has a trend-setting status.
In fact, many call it the “fashion mecca,” with designers flocking the town with the latest fashion wear.
But Milan stores provide unique experiences to find the best items you would want in your wardrobe.
What to Buy in Milan?
There is so much to the city than the breathtaking designer clothes.
People really love to visit Milan for its shopping spots, historical architecture, and diversified communities.
Still, there are also many fashion bargains, quality antiques, and things to shop in the town.
Milan is home to first-class trendy stores, boutiques, and vendors.
It’s known for having the best boutiques and high-end stores, making it one of the best cities for shopping in Italy.
Milan’s highly developed sense of fashion and style is not only an iconic place for fashion lovers, but also a hub setting trends in fashion industry of Europe.
Being a home for multiple fashion brands, Milan attracts so many fashion conscious people from different parts of the globe.
Here is what makes Milan the perfect shopping destination.
1. The Famous and Unique “Quadrilatero Della Moda”
The “Quadrilatero della Moda” (the fashion quadrilateral) is part of the city’s most graceful shopping streets.
It has upmarket boutiques and brands.
So, you will find brand shops like Gucci, Prada, Moschino, Bulgari, and Versace.
You’ll find the quadrilateral between Milan’s most famous high-end streets of Via della Spiga and Via Montenapoleone.
2. The Art of Traditional Craftsmanship
Undoubtedly, Milan hosts talented artisans and creative designers, making their artisanal excellence famous worldwide.
Milan has a long history of jewelry craftsmanship and is home to Pisa Orologeria. This famous Milan jewelry store specializes in luxury-watches and unique jewelry pieces.
3. The Stunning Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping gallery spans between the Duomo and La Scala.
It is an excellent place to visit if you want to do some serious shopping.
The stunning arcade has a glass roof and colored marble floors.
Its interior decoration has frescoes and intricately designed statues.
Notably, the gallery is one of the world’s oldest shopping malls, constructed in 1867, making it more unique.
It was used as an open-air meeting location in the 1900s and is now one of the city’s best shopping malls.
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is fabulous blend of historical, cultural and economical background of Milan.
It attracts millions of tourists from across the world every year making it one of the most visited places in Milan and Italy.
4. Shopping for All Budgets
There’s more to Milan than high-ticket items. You’ll find affordable shopping streets in the city, too.
They include the following:
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele II has shops like Zara, H&M, and Diesel.
- Corso di Porta Ticinese has alternative stores such as Custo, Diesel, and Miss Sixty.
- Via Torino has popular brands such as H&M, and Zara.
- Corso Buenos Aires such as those in Via Torino.
5. Exclusive Department Stores
In Milan, you’ll find a few department stores, such as La Rinascente.
This department store carries opulent brands in the Piazza del Duomo. The store is open daily, and the top floor hosts several restaurants and terraces.
The beauty of these departmental stores is they have all types of shopping items for almost people of every age.
Final Thoughts on What to Buy in Milan
The beautiful city of Milan is a definitely a must visit place for shopping lovers.
Plus, it has really eye-catching infrastructure, with modern as well as historical places to visit.
Milan can truly be defined as shopping heaven because of its trendy and fashion-oriented outlets. Yes, it can be little costly if you’ll move to branded stores, but you can also shop for unique items and budget finds.
That’s half the fun anyway – isn’t it?
Have you ever been to Milan? If you have, share your shopping experience with us, and let’s find out what fascinated you in the city.
Now that you know what to shop for in Milan, continue planning your trip to Italy by reading these articles next:
- Monteriggioni Italy: Step Back in Time at This Medieval Fortress Near Siena
- Spending Less Than A Day in Siena Italy: The Absolute “Must See” Attractions
- The Best Place to See the Sunset Over Florence [Fiesole Italy]
- A Pilgrimage to Bramasole in Cortona Italy
- 24 Hours in Venice Italy During “Carnevale”
- 7 Unforgettable Veneto Prosecco & Sparkling Wines for True Connoisseurs
- 5 Stunning Must-Haves for Fashionable Florence, Italy
- 6 Retirement Bucket List Ideas for Travel You’ll Love to Dream About
- 2021 Dolomites Itinerary: Best Things to See & Do in The Italian Alps
- Rome for Foodies: What Are the 25 Best Food Experiences in Rome, Italy?
Photo credits: Unsplash
When to Visit 36 Dreamy Destinations
You will instantly receive the FREE Month-by-Month Destination Guide