If you are a blogger and would like to write for us in exchange for backlinks to your content, we would love to hear from you. We’ve pulled together these guest post guidelines for your review.
Enjoy Travel Life is a luxury travel blog that offers inspiration, guidance, and tips for the casual-luxury lifestyle and dream destinations around the world. Our social media channels target affluent empty-nesters and have a reach over 300K+.
Guest Post Guidelines for Submission
We are currently accepting guest posts that speak to one (or more) of the following angles:
- Travel Destinations
- Travel Tips
- Empty-nesting Lifestyle
- Food as related to travel
- Art as related to travel
- Gardening as related to travel
- Home as related to travel
We do not accept the following types of posts, content within posts, or backlinks:
- Racism of any kind
- Adult content or misogyny
- Content that promotes violence in any form
- Animal cruelty, hunting, or captivity
- Gambling, casino, crypto, or predatory lending links
- CBD, cannabis, or vaping
- Cosmetic surgery, invasive treatments, or pharmaceuticals
How to Submit a Query to Enjoy Travel Life
You are invited to pitch your topic with a short synopsis by email to [email protected]. Please include the Subject: “QUERY: Guest Post.”
In addition, please include a link to the website you will be linking to in the article. This must be your own website.
Important Note: If you are promoting a website(s) other than your own or your website is a commercial website, please inquire about a Sponsored Posts rather than submitting a guest post to us.
If your topic is seasonal, we recommend you pitch your idea to us about 90-days ahead of the seasonal relevance. Our general rule is to be one season ahead. Ideally, you’ll pitch winter topics in the fall, Valentine’s content in early December, for example. That’s not to say we won’t accept your pitch otherwise if it’s a great, timely idea; we hate to miss a great opportunity.
That said, we prefer content with a long shelf-life (evergreen or repeats yearly), so please avoid “Best of 2020” and similar content.
Upon receipt, we will respond to you within 7-10 business days maximum.
What to Expect after Submitting Your Query
If your pitch is accepted, we will agree on a deadline and a publication date and move forward.
Please follow the Guidelines/Requirements below when you submit your article.
Guest Post Guidelines/Requirements:
Once your pitch is accepted, please keep the following in mind.
Your guest post should be a minimum of 1000 words written in guidebook style. That is, it must be written in the second person (“you’) as though you are speaking to the reader.
Please keep your intro paragraph short (3-5 sentences) and give the reader an idea of what they can expect to learn or find out by reading on.
You should strive to be as helpful as possible to the reader by providing useful information, tips, and any other insights they may appreciate.
Remember, our readers are empty-nesters, typically aged 45-65. Extreme sports content that appeals to an adventure travel site will most likely not be a good fit for our audience. Instead, think:
- Scenic destinations, including ocean views, nature walks, botanical gardens, scenic drives, and other beautiful places.
- Food- & drink-focused attractions–we are foodies!
- Cultural and historic points of interest, including art exhibits and museums.
- Practical considerations (how to get there, entrance fees, cautions & safety tips).
- Best places to stay suitable for a casual-luxury experience.
- Interesting tours and itineraries.
- Off-the-beaten path places and hidden gems.
Try to make your article skimmable by using headings, short paragraphs, bullets, and occasional bold text.
Please use US English spelling.
Avoid passive voice. If you’re not sure what that is, you can find out more here.
You article must be original content that has not and will not appear elsewhere. (It creates SEO problems.)
Please accompany your submission with one to three (1-3) high quality photos — landscape orientation preferred.
If you do not own the copyright to the photos you submit, please include appropriate credit. You MUST be authorized to use it, whether through the creative commons, royalty-free, or other licensing.
I will edit photos for size and may make minor image corrections, if needed.
If you would prefer I do not use your photo for social media promotion, please let me know.
Please include a headshot and a 1-3 sentence byline with your submission for the bio. This will be included at the end of your article on publication.
What you will get in return:
In return, I will publish your guest post in an SEO-optimized, well-promoted article, which will include:
- (2) do-follow links to your non-competing blog post or home page via an in-text link
- (1) do-follow link to your social media channel of your choice in the byline
- I will also tag you in any initial promotions, provided you give me your social handles.
- make minor edits to your text for grammar
- change your title to one that is more enticing or “clickable.” (For reference, I use Co-Schedule Headline Analyzer to score 65+ on headlines.)
- update the post in the future with appropriate notation.
I will add SEO keywords, affiliate links and/or ads (via ezoic) to the final post.
I reserve the right to reject photos and instead use stock or other photos.
We look forward to your interest and hope to partner with you!
When to Visit 36 Dreamy Destinations
You will instantly receive the FREE Month-by-Month Destination Guide