Good smoothie places can be hard to come by. Sure, you can make your own (and you’ll find ideas below).
But when you’re craving a smoothie that’s out of the ordinary, you don’t want to be disappointed by a drink that’s overpriced and just ‘meh.’
So, we’ve put together this list of recommendations where you can get a great smoothie, and more.
Because, let’s face it: there’s nothing that tastes so decadent–yet is so healthy–quite like a smoothie.
Check out these 5 really good smoothie places, below.
CONTENTS – In this article, you will learn why smoothies are so popular and where you can get them while you’re traveling, including:
- Why are Smoothies So Popular?
- 15 Delicious Smoothie Ideas
- When to Enjoy A Smoothie
- Smoothies and Weight Management
- Best Places to Get A Smoothie
- Find the Best Smoothies Near You
- Final Thoughts on Finding Good Smoothie Places
- Next Steps
Why are Smoothies So Popular?
Smoothies are one of the most popular drinks in America.
They’re also one of the easiest ways to sneak more produce into your diet.
That makes them the perfect way to start your morning.
You’ll get a little extra protein, and it’s a great way to get your daily dose of fruits, veggies, and healthy fats.
The best part is that there are so many different kinds of smoothies out there.
15 Delicious Smoothie Ideas
To make a smoothie, you simply blend together your favorite ingredients in a blender, yogurt optional.
For instance, here are some tasty smoothie ideas you can make at home:
- Tropical Fruit Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Beet Smoothie
- Coffee Smoothie
- Golden Milk Mango Smoothie
- Blueberry Kombucha Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Matcha Honey Smoothie
- Raspberry Ginger Smoothie
- Green Detox Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Coconut Pineapple Smoothie
- Spinach Avocado Smoothie
- Mocha Cherry Smoothie
You can find one that suits your taste buds and your nutrition goals.
But let your creativity take over. It’s easy to customize a smoothie to your liking!
When to Enjoy a Smoothie
You can enjoy a smoothie any time!
Try introducing a smoothie to your day in these instances:
- To replace a meal
- As part of an eating plan
- For a healthy snack
- Just because you want something refreshing and sweet
Smoothies are a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables.
Are Smoothies Good for Losing Weight?
Low-calorie smoothies can also be a great tool for managing your weight.
That’s because you can drink a smoothie to replace a meal, especially if you’re trying to lose weight or gain muscle mass.
They can also help you feel full and satisfied after eating less than usual.
Here’s why smoothies are a great fit when you’re trying to manage your weight:
- You’ll get a boost of nutrients that are good for you in just one drink
- It’s an easy way to cut calories without feeling deprived or sacrificing the taste of your favorite smoothie recipes
- You can mix it up with different ingredients each day to keep things interesting
You can always make a smoothie for yourself at home if you have a half-decent blender.
Best Places to Get a Smoothie
But what about when you’re on the road?
You can have some fun going on a smoothie adventure away from home.
Below, you’ll find 5 great places to get a smoothie when you’re traveling.
1. Hawa Smoothies and Bubble Tea (New York)
Hawa Smoothies and Bubble Tea is one of the best places for a smoothie fix in New York.
You’ll find them in multiple NYC locations, including Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Their delicious blended drinks will put you in a better mood.
You can order traditional favorites at Hawa Smoothies and Bubble Tea, like a Strawberry, Blueberry, and Banana Smoothie, and a Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi Smoothie.
Or opt for a Pina Colada Smoothie or a Watermelon Lychee Smoothie.
Plus, you can add extra fruit to your smoothie, and customize the base to whole milk, almond milk, soy milk–even non-fat milk.
At Hawa, you can also get Asian-style bubble teas, hot drinks, and delicious açai bowls at the take-out counter.
2) Complete 360 +Smoothies (Texas)
If you’re looking for something creative and delicious in a smoothie with an emphasis on healthy, look no further than Complete 360 +Smoothies.
That’s’ because beyond being one of the good smoothie places, they are a health and nutrition store.
You’ll discover a huge range of smoothies, including:
- Strawberry Delight Protein Smoothie
- Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
- Sunrise Protein Smoothie
- Banana Spilt Protein Smoothie
- and much more
In addition to smoothies to go, you can order Energy Teas, Muscle Lemonades, more than 100 protein snacks, vitamins, and supplements.
Look for their shop when you’re near Victoria, Texas!
3) Live Fresh Cold Pressed Juice + Smoothie Bar (Pennsylvania)
Do you suddenly want a refresher?
You can order drinks, Latin American cuisine, fresh drinks, juices, and smoothies at Live Fresh Cold Pressed Juice + Smoothie Bar.
Their signature smoothies are worth the stop.
Try “Jungle Fever,” a smoothie made of coconut milk, banana, pineapple, mango, and coconut shreds. Or, “Gym Nut,” made with almond milk, banana, house-made almond & caschew butter, and cacao nibs.
After a long day, it can be nice to come here to decompress and just relax. Plus, you can enjoy a vegan friendly, gluten free, and delicious menu every day of the week!
So, head on over to Live Fresh in Homestead or the North Side of Pittsburgh, PA.
It’s definitely one of the good smoothie places in the area!
4) Romeo’s Smoothies & Juices (Boston Area)
Do you feel thirsty for refreshment?
Then, you can treat yourself to your preferred beverage at Romeo’s Smoothies & Juices in the Boston area.
Here, you can order drinks, juices, and smoothies. It’s a perfect way to relieve tension and unwind after a busy day sightseeing in Boston!
Noteworthy juice blends include “Goddess” (Pink Dragonfruit, Orange, Pineapple), Sunset (Orange, Pineapple, Ginger), and Celery Cleanse, with 7 fresh celery juices.
But also check out their frozen blends, like Tropical Escape (mango, pineapple, banana, cinnamon), Matcha Mood (spinach, pineapple, banana, matcha powder), and Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin puree, banana, pumpkin pie spice from Salem Spice).
Simply pour in 8 oz. of your favorite beverage (almond milk works great) and give it a quick blend.
Voila! Instant delicious.
They even have Vegan options, which definitely adds points as one of the good smoothie places.
Watch Romeo’s Smoothies & Juices’ Instagram feed for pop-up events in Boston, or order online.
5) Roots and Rye (Los Angeles)
Roots & Rye is the place where you make your own Smoothie in Los Angeles.
It truly ranks high among good smoothie places!
Their menu has several options to customize your smoothie to your taste and preference.
In just 3 steps, your smoothie is ready!
Here’s how it works:
- First, select the milk you want.
- Then select the blend.
- Finally, you select the Add-Ons.
In just a few moments, your customized smoothie is ready!
Want to Know Where Are the Best Smoothies Near You?
If these bars are out of your way, then don’t worry! We have got you covered.
You want a smoothie that’s good for you, but also delicious—and not just tasty but also nutritious.
Beyond the 5 best places for smoothies above, you can easily find the best smoothie places in your city. Just look at customer reviews on sites like Nicelocal.
That way, you won’t be disappointed.
The juice bars listed on Nicelocal specialize in fresh juices and smoothies made with organic ingredients.
Their menu changes frequently based on what’s in season, so they always have something new to offer customers and their smoothies are always delicious!
Check out this online source for reviews and you’re sure to find good smoothie places that suit your taste buds perfectly.
Final Thoughts on Finding Good Smoothie Places
So, now you know the best places to find the freshest smoothies for yourself and your loved ones.
Smoothies are the best way to start your day for a healthy life, or as a delicious pre-workout drink. It’s made from fruits, veggies, and other healthy ingredients that your body needs.
If you want something out of the ordinary, you’ll find smoothie places near you on Nicelocal. They’ll help you to decide the best and nearest location for smoothies based on rating and reviews.
Then, no matter where you are in the world, you can find good smoothie places!
Next Steps – Beyond Good Smoothie Places
Beyond finding good smoothie places, if you love all things foodie when you travel (like I do!), read a few of the following articles next:
- Best Cuisines in the World for Foodies [Food Tourism]
- 5 Best UK Beer Festivals Not to Miss in 2022
- 12 Best Wine Regions in France with Gorgeous French Vineyards & Wineries
- 5 Top Sonoma Tasting Rooms & Winery Tours in Sonoma County, CA
- 5 Best Vegan Comfort Food & Delicious Vegan Meals for Non-Vegans
- 10 Awesome Breweries in Cape Cod You’ll Want to Visit
- Tea Culture: Which Do You Think is the Best Tea From Around the World?
- 25 Most Popular Coffee Drinks Around the World You’ll Want to Try at Home
- Rome for Foodies: What Are the 25 Best Food Experiences in Rome, Italy?
- Can You Guess Where You’ll Find the Best Wineries in New England?
- Around the World Cocktails You’ll Want to Make at Home
- Foodie Travelers Know How To Plan The Perfect Trip! (Learn How)
- What’s the Most Delicious Dessert in the World?
- Traditional Candy of the World That Will Please Your Sweet Tooth
- Best Soups of the World You’ll Want to Try…Mmmm!