The cost of living on the US West Coast, particularly southern California, is notoriously pricey. The same can be true of a visit to Los Angeles–but it doesn’t have to be! Here are 41 Fun Free Things to do in LA we think you’ll want to add to your next trip to Los Angeles.
Free Los Angeles
1. Visit a traditional South Indian style Hindu Temple in Malibu.
2. Take a stroll at Sunset through Barnsdale Art Park.
3. Visit the Space Shuttle other Air & Space exhibits at the California Science Center.
4. Immerse yourself in art, architecture and gardens at the Getty Museum.
5. Visit the Sunday flea market at Melrose Trading Post .
6. Window shop for designer merchandise on Rodeo Drive.
7. Go people-watching at the legendary Pier at Santa Monica.
8. Walk around the exterior to see landmark modern architecture of the Eames House.
9. Scope out rare books or browse the vinyl collection at The Last Bookstore.
Related: California’s Largest Used & New Book Store
10. Take a self-guided audio tour of the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
11. Hike the wildflower trails at Point Dume Malibu down to the beach.
12. Order delicious Bahn Mi in China Town.
13. Ride a paddle boat (or swan boat!) at Echo Park Lake.
14. Appreciate contemporary art at the Broad Museum galleries.
15. Slurp-up the freshest oysters at Fishermans Wharf, Marina del Rey.
16. Take an Art Course at the LA County Museum (free with admission).
17. Watch a fun street performance at the 3rd Street Promenade.
18. Take time to smell the flowers at Exposition Park Rose Garden, a historic 7-acre sunken garden.
Related: Best Botanical Gardens in the World
19. Check out the architecture and historical importance of Union Station Train Station.
20. Savor a European vibe while exploring Venice Beach and Canals.
21. Watch the hang gliders launch over Dockweiler Beach. Wow!
22. Hang Ten (go surfing) at Zuma Beach.
23. Take in the incredible LA skyline from Griffith Observatory
24. Have a good laugh at the Comedy Store.
25. Have a picnic or BBQ at beautiful Griffith Park.
26. See what’s fresh at The Original Farmers Market and The Grove.
27. Check out the nightlife on the iconic Sunset Boulevard.
28. Imagine Scenes from Bladerunner at the Bradbury Building.
Related: What to Expect at the LA’s Bradbury Building
29. Watch for a celebrity sighting while exercising at Runyon Canyon Park.
30. Catch a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
31. Pay homage to Hollywood legends including Judy Garland, Cecil B. DeMille, Rudolph Valentino, and others at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
32. Get behind-the-scenes reading scripts of your favorite movie or TV show at the Writers Guild Library.
Related: 6 Off-the-Beaten-Path Attractions in LA
33. Immerse yourself in the incredible Gilded Age at the Greystone Mansion and Park.
34. Catch a Free Live Show at Amoeba Music, the world’s largest independent record store.
35. Take a moment to admire Chandelier Tree in Silver Lake, strewn with dozens of lights.
36. Take a complimentary Archery Class at Pasadena Roving Archers or the Woodley Park Archery Range.
37. Look for Your Favorite movie star’s name on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
38. Hike one of the best hikes in LA at Eaton Canyon Falls then wade in the waist-high pool of water beneath the 40-foot waterfall within the San Gabriel Mountains.
39. See an astronomical presentation about the night sky at the UCLA Planetarium.
40. Deliver a message to The Wisdom Tree, perched high on Burbank Peak.
41. Listen a free Music Performance by the USC Thornton School of Music.
So, there you have it. Did you know Los Angeles could be so affordable? In the comments below, I’d love to know which of these 41 Fun Free Things to Do in LA you’re adding to your Bucket List.
When to Visit 36 Dreamy Destinations
You will instantly receive the FREE Month-by-Month Destination Guide
4 thoughts on “41 Fun Free Things To Do in LA”
Love watching sunset!
Great list provided by you. Thanks, every time I am getting good information here.
Happy to help, James!
Comments are closed.