Ever wish you could look radiant without the chemicals or cost of traditional beauty routines? The solution may be closer than you think — right in your pantry. You can up these easy DIY beauty products using simple ingredients to maintain a youthful appearance wherever you go. Once you try them, you may never go back to the day spa!
Continue reading to learn how to create your own all natural beauty products.
CONTENTS: In this article you will learn about DIY beauty products that will make you look and feel your best. Check your cupboards (or the local grocery) to see if you have these ingredients, so you can make all-natural beauty products for yourself.
- Important Benefits of DIY Beauty Products
- Honey & Turmeric
- Strawberries & Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Coffee, Sugar & Olive Oil
- Agave, Rice & Lemon
- Banana & Lemon
- Ginger & Water
- Potatoes & Coconut Oil
- Tomato Juice, Lemon, & Baking Soda
- Olive Oil, Cinnamon & Sugar
- Avocado & Yogurt
- Final Thoughts on DIY Beauty Products
Benefits of DIY All Natural Beauty Products
There are several benefits of making you’re own beauty products.
For starters, you know exactly what’s in them. You won’t find any toxins in these DIY beauty products.
Next, you’ll make them from inexpensive ingredients you may already have on hand — and it’s easy to do! (Bonus: you don’t have to order them online and pay shipping or go looking for them in department stores.)
Third, they work. Why spend tons of money on something with unpredictable results and all kinds of additives?
The natural ingredients in these beauty products have inherent qualities that will work to make you look better, especially as you age. While we make no medical claims, there’s no denying they are a great alternative to commercial beauty supplies.
And when you look good, you feel confident. That’s a natural beauty that shines from the inside!
So give these easy recipes for home beauty tricks a try. You’ll find masks, scrubs, hair care, and more, below. One or more will help solve your beauty problems and fast become a favorite.
All Natural Beauty Products | Boost Your Confidence With These Beauty Tips
2020 was a tough year for everyone. Not only were we locked down at home for many months, but a lot of us stopped wearing regular clothing and stuck to our sweats and pajamas for everyday life.
Living at home for so long can put a downer on your self confidence. Now that the world is gradually going back to normal (please, God!), you might be nervous to get back out there into the world once more.
So we want to share some simple beauty tips that you can try this month that will nourish and clear your natural features and make you feel more confident when you step back out in the summer.
Without further ado, here are 11 beauty recipes you must try at home.
1. Use Honey and Turmeric for Acne
Even adults deal with acne from time to time.
If your skin has occasional breakouts, you can use honey and turmeric to clear your acne naturally.
The honey dries up and fights the bacteria that causes your acne. The turmeric reduces inflammation and helps clear the skin.
Here’s how to make your own all-natural acne mixture with equal parts honey and turmeric.
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Turmeric
- Mix honey and turmeric in a small bowl into a paste.
- Apply the mixture with a cotton-swab directly to your face.
- Leave to dry for 1 hour.
- Repeat when needed.
2. Brighten your Teeth with Strawberries
There’s nothing more beautiful and confidence than a sparkling smile.
You might try anything from clear aligners to home whitening – but this simple strawberry remedy can bring you whiter and stronger teeth in just a few days.
It combines mashed strawberries with a little baking soda. The antioxidents in the berries will help fight off free radicals and strengthen your teeth. The baking soda will help to whiten them.
- 1-2 Strawberries
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- Mash up the strawberries.
- Mix in baking soda into a paste.
- Brush your teeth with this mixture once a day for a week.
3. Soften Coarse Hair with Coconut Oil
If your hair is in serious need of some TLC and you won’t be heading to the salon any time soon – coconut oil is the answer.
Coconut oil will not only hydrate your hair and leave it stronger and more silky, but it will also help to get rid of any weaker follicles to make room for new hair to grow.
- Coconut oil
- Apply coconut oil all over your roots and tilt your head upside down so your hair is out of the way
- Massage the oil into your scalp for 5 minutes.
- Wrap your hair up in a bun or a braid.
- Allow the coconut oil to penetrate for 1-3 hours.
- Rinse and wash as normal more soft and supple and supple hair!
4. Scrub your Legs with Coffee Grounds (Yes, Coffee!)
If you are worried about cellulite and tired skin once the weather is warmer, you can use coffee grounds to scrub your legs.
The caffeine in the coffee may reduce the appearance of cellulite. Combined with sugar (an exfoliant) and olive oil (for moisture), this blend will also remove that layer of dry “lizard skin” we tend to get as we age.
Do this weekly and it will leave your legs looking renewed, toned, and more beautiful.
Simply follow these steps.
- 1/4 Cup Coffee Grounds
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Enough Olive Oil to make a paste
- Mix coffee, sugar, and olive oil into a paste.
- Scrub the mixture in circles into your thighs and calves daily.
- Gently rinse with warm water (preventing the grounds from going down your drain).
- Dry and enjoy.
5. Lemon-Agave Age Spot Fighter
Nothing gives away your age more than your hands. This Lemon-Agave Scrub will help keep it a secret, though.
If you’ve never heard of Agave nectar, it’s a syrup made from the juices of the succulent Agave plant. (That’s the same plant used to make tequila, by the way.) Some people prefer to use Agave nectar over sugar as a sweetener.
This combination of rice, agave nectar, and lemon removes the top layer of dead skin cells. With them goes some of the pigmentation of the age spots. Plus, the rice is a good exfoliator, the lemon lightens your skin, and the agave will hydrate it.
Here’s what you do.
- 1/2 Cup cooked rice
- 1 TBSP fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP agave nectar
- Mix ingredients together until well-blended.
- Apply the mix to your hands.
- Scrub in circular motions on the backs of your hands for 1-2 minutes.
- Scrub the palms of your hands to soften calluses.
- Rinse and dry.
6. Banana Skin-Tightening Face Mask
Ripe bananas are good for more than banana bread. You can make a skin-tightening mask with them. Because who wants sagging skin on your face and neck. Ugh!
Bananas have loads of vitamins and minerals that have anti-aging and moisturizing properties as well.
So, put them to work on your face!
- 1 Ripe Banana
- A few drops of Lemon Juice
- Mash the ripe banana.
- Then, add in a few drops of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, wash the mixture off with warm water.
- Repeat every two weeks for the best results.
7. Ginger Water Breath Freshener
Even if you look fabulous, bad breath is unattractive. Yet, we all deal with it from time to time.
By incorporating this hot ginger drink into your diet, you’ll be fighting off smelly bacteria. Plus, eating ginger is known to have some health benefits.
Here’s how you make this drink.
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly-grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- In a heat-safe cup, pour hot water over grated ginger. (If you have a loose tea strainer, that works well.)
- Cover and let steep for 1 minute.
- Strain and enjoy!
TIP: You can also chew a small piece of ginger to help freshen your breath.
8. Sliced Potatoes for Puffy Eyes
You may have heard of placing cold cucumbers on your eyelids to reduce puffiness. But did you know you can also use potato slices?
Potatoes have anti-inflammatory properties because they contain an enzyme (catecholas) that can reduce bags and dark circles under your eyes. They are champions at drawing out toxins!
Then, follow up with coconut oil to remove any dryness.
Here’s how easy it can be.
- 1 Fresh Potato
- A little Coconut Oil
- Cut a pototo into ½ slices.
- Cover each eye with a slice and lie down for 10 minutes.
- Repeat as needed using a new slice to additionally reduce puffiness.
- Lightly rub eye area with a little coconut oil to eliminate drying.
9. Tomato Juice Paste for Dark Circles
Sometimes, life shows a little on your face — namely, the dark circles under your eyes.
But here’s an easy way to reduce them.
- 1 TBSP Tomato Juice
- 1 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Blend the tomato juice, baking soda, and lemon juice into a paste.
- Gently and carefully pat this mixture under your eyes. (Be careful not to get it into your eyes — it stings!)
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water, then cold water.
Tip: If you don’t have tomato juice, you can substitute pineapple juice.
10. Puff Up Your Lips
As we age, there’s no denying our lips simply don’t look as luscious.
That doesn’t mean you need to opt for Botox or other un-natural fillers.
The plumping solution is probably right in your cabinet, inexpensive, and way more palatable!
It’s cinnamon. Believe it or not, it irritates your lips a little bit, which increases the blood flow.
The result? Plump lips!
Give your favorite lip gloss plumping benefits with this easy recipe. – all are ingredients that irritate your lips a bit and increase the blood flow to them, making them plump.
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar, and olive oil together.
- Massage the mixture on your lips for 5-10 minutes.
TIP: If you don’t have cinnamon powder on hand, you can use cayenne pepper, cinnamon oil, peppermint, or cinnamon oil to achieve the same effect.
11. Avocado Mask
Avocado has so many tasty culinary uses – as guacamole, on avocado toast, or sliced to top a salad.
But on your face? Yup.
This is a great face mask which will help restore moisture and reduce those tiny lines from aging. It will replenish your dull complexion!
Here’s all you need to do.
- ¼ Ripe Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon of Plain Yogurt
- Mash avocado until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add in yogurt and blend well.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- After 15 minutes, rinse and enjoy your skin’s radiant glow
Final Thoughts on DIY Beauty Products
DIY beauty products don’t have to be expensive or ladened with weird chemicals to make you look good. You can skip the expensive treatments. By simply combining a few all-natural ingredients you already have on hand, you can make eco-friendly treatments that are good for your body at a fraction of the cost. Even better, you can try them right at home.
If you enjoyed learning these organic beauty tips, continue reading about these travel beauty essentials for travel.
Photo credits: Woman – Alexandr Ivanov, Turmeric – Nikin, Strawberries – Engin Akyurt, Coconut Oil – monicore, Coffee grounds – congerdesign (Pixabay); Banana, Agave, Ginger Tea, Potato, Tomato, Cinnamon, Avocada – (Canva Pro)
When to Visit 36 Dreamy Destinations
You will instantly receive the FREE Month-by-Month Destination Guide